Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Enterprise Week 8

Overview of one of the events attended during Enterprise Week

This event was called “Telling it like it is”, and was held on 16.11.09. This activity lasted one hour during which Bucks gradutes talked about their experiences of working in the marketing communications industry. The graduates explained how this experience related to what they had learned from their degrees. the activity was then followed by question and answer session with existing undergraduates and other members of the audience.

During this event I listened to a panel of graduates share their experiences of University life and how they secured jobs afer graduation. This activity was extremely benefical because it gave me useful tips on how important it was to gain a lot of experience whilst studying as well as the need to get a good degree. This experience is necessary because it helps to strengthen my C.V and help me to find employment in the future because most employers look for experience as well as academic success. The graduates also advised it is good to keep in touch with employers I do work experience with as this can be a useful way to obtain employment. The graduates talked about the need for having a positive attitude and being confident as these skills help through life. The panel of graduates advised the audience to write about the modules we enjoyed most at University and to include these in our C.Vs.

The question and answer session at the end was also useful because it allowed people to ask questions which the graduates were happy to answer.

How this activity influenced my career aspirations

This activity was benefical because it showed me how these graduates had become successful and gained employment after graduation. This has inspired me to keep focused during my studies, get as much work experience as I can as this will help me to get a job and enhance my C.V. It was nice to see that after all the hardwork they had put in to their studies they had done well for themselves. From this experience I have learnt that you have to work hard to succeed and the information the panel gave us was very useful and benefical to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment